Personal information includes information about you that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as your name, address, e-mail address or phone number. Non-personal information includes information about your use of the Website or the Games, as well as the computers, devices, and networks that you use to connect to the Games or the Website. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the personal information you submit to us. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Website, the information you receive when using the Website, and our ability to contact you. For example, your email address should be kept current because that is one of the primary manners in which we communicate with you.
Notice Concerning Children
PLEASE NOTE: This Website and any information, products, or services provided therein are limited to audiences thirteen (13) years of age or older. The Website does not direct any content specifically at children. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user is under age thirteen (13), we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
What You Consent to by Using Our Website and Games
a. Updates. Respawn may offer you the ability to receive email updates either via email or another subscription service such as Facebook or Twitter. In order to subscribe to these services, you may be required to provide us with personal information such as your name, email address and zip code.
b. Registration/Creating a Profile. Respawn offers you the ability to register with the Website and create an online Profile. In order to register, you are required to provide us with personal information such as your full name, birthdate and email address. You may also submit additional information that may enhance your experience, including your EA account, Xbox LIVE account, Steam ID, PlayStation Network ID, website URL, location, and/or a short bio.
c. Forums. Respawn offers the ability to comment on Profiles and may offer other public forums from time to time (the “Forums”) where you can share comments and thoughts. In order to participate in the Forums, you may be required to register with us and/or provide us with personal information such as your name and email address. Personal information shall not include any information posted or sent by or to you via any public Forum.
d. Participation in Contests, Sweepstakes, and Other Promotions. From time to time, Respawn may offer you the opportunity to participate in a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotions on or through the Website. If you desire to participate in any such contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion. This information may include, among other things, your name, age, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
e. Communications with Respawn. We may receive personal information when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us.
2. Non-Personal Information. Your use of the Website automatically provides us with certain personal and non-personal information provided by your computer, Xbox One, or other gaming device, and by your browser and other software running on those systems. This information may include unique identifiers associated with your EA account, Xbox LIVE account, or other third-party service to which you are logged in when you connect to the Games or Website. It also includes your IP address, Respawn ‘cookie’ information, hardware and software attributes, the Games accessed and Website pages requested, and data contained in page requests from referring devices, services, or web pages. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer or other device’s hard drive.
The personal and non-personal information we collect may be used in the following ways:
• to provide you with the services that you request (“Services”);
• to control access to and facilitate the operation of our Website and Services,
• for communication, research and marketing, as well as for any additional purposes identified in connection with the collection of such information.
• to enable you to communicate with other individuals playing the Games or on our Website;
• to provide customer support;
• to service our Games’ warranties;
• to host special events, contests, and other Services;
• to enforce our Terms of Service;
• to prevent or respond to potential “cheating” within the Games;
• to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems with our Games, Services, or Website;
• to provide advertising to you through our Games, Services, or Website;
• to improve, market or prepare to market our Services and Games or any upgrades or enhancements thereof; and
Respawn may also use this information in connection with third-party services that aggregate such information to provide reports to Respawn to facilitate uses of the information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Respawn does not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non- affiliated companies except (i) to control access to and facilitate the operation of our Website, (ii) to provide Services and Games you have requested, (iii) when we have received your permission, or (iv) in the limited circumstances described below. Respawn may use, rent, sell or share non-personal information about you with other people or companies (whether affiliated or not) in the furtherance of its business, including but not limited to operating our Website, providing Services and Games, enhancing our Game community or informing our Game community about our Games, improving the performance or balance of and making changes to our Games or Website, troubleshooting, marketing and advertising, and for other business-related purposes. Additionally:
• We provide personal and non-personal information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Respawn under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Respawn operate our Website, Services or Games and/or help Respawn communicate with you about offers from Respawn and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share your personal information.
•We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or we may share information to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law.
•We may use or transfer personal or non-personal information about you if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as reasonably necessary to protect the health, safety, and welfare of you or other users of the Website, Services or Games.
• We transfer personal and non-personal information about you if Respawn is acquired by or merged with another company.
Protection Of Information Collected
We maintain safeguards for the purpose of ensuring the confidentiality and security of the personal information you submit to us. While we believe that these safeguards are adequate and appropriate to protect your confidential information, you should be aware that there is always a possibility of intrusion into secured computer systems, and you should take that into account in deciding whether to submit any personal information to us.
In addition to the non-personal information we collect, you may choose to disclose personal or other information about yourself by submitting information to be displayed as part of your public profile, by posting information to our public forums, or in the course of any public method of communication permitted by our Website, Services, or Games. Information that you disclose in any of these manners is public information, and there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in such information. Such information may be read, collected, or used by other users of our Website, Services, and Games, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages (and, although such messages may violate our Terms of Service, we are not liable to you as a result of them). We are not responsible for any personal information (or any images, videos, or other media) you choose to submit in these manners. Additionally, any information you submit in these manners is subject to our Terms of Service.
Updating Your Personal Information
We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your personal information remains correct and up-to-date or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners.
You may change, update, delete, or otherwise modify your registration information or email address or opt out of your registration or newsletters at any time using the functionalities of the Website. You may also email us at the address provided below in order to delete or update any of your personal information on our systems. We try to answer every email promptly, but may not always be able to do so. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain your personal information.
If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact us using the information provided below.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents can request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (a) a list of the categories of personal information and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To make such a request from us, if entitled, please use the contact information listed below. We will respond to such properly addressed written requests. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
We make no representation that the Website operates (or is legally permitted to operate) in all geographic areas, or that the information, Website, or Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Accessing the Website from territories where the Website, or any content or functionality of the Website or portion thereof, is illegal is expressly prohibited. If you choose to access the Website, you agree and acknowledge that you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk and that you are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Questions and Comments
Effective February 28, 2014